DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES
Why This Programme
The Diploma in Business Studies is a versatile course that gives the student a good understanding of the business environment and organizational context. It enables the student to gain professional skills and an outlook on business management, with an emphasis on operations and practicality.
In this programme, the students will also be taught about the fundamentals of information technology to familiarise themselves with technical terms and approaches in digital business to enhance their business strategy and capability. Aside from developing managerial skills, this programme assists students in developing the ability to supervise business operations and effectively facilitate any related inquiry.
- You can study at your own pace and seek advice without having to travel to campus.
- Industry Collaboration: Educational trips and visits.
- Get industry exposure in classrooms through industry-based projects, forums, seminars, and talks.
- Through APEL, take advantage of your prior learning experiences to gain admission, with a further opportunity to reduce your study duration and costs.
Programme Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the GIC Diploma Programme:
- Pass SPM / SPMV / O-Level with credit in at least 3 subjects; OR
- Pass Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) (Level 3 MQF) in relevant field subject to Senate approval and MUST attend bridging courses; OR
- Any qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3, MQF); OR
- Any other qualifications that recognised by the Malaysian government; OR
- Entry requirements for admission into the Diploma’s programme (level 5, MQF) through APEL as approved by the Ministry of Education (MOHE). Applicants must be/have:
- A Malaysian citizen; and
- The candidate should be more than 20 years of age in the year of application
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; and
- Pass the APEL Assessment
Programme Learning Outcome
The Learning Outcomes of the Programme The aim of this diploma in business studies (PLO) is to prepare graduates who are able to:
- An analysis of how managers formulate effective strategies
- Explore techniques and technologies that are involved in online media.
- Analyze your experience and learn how to improve the business process.
- Development of leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Understand the customer’s needs and learn how to build a long-lasting customer relationship.