DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF PRESCHOOL EDUCATION
- An ENERGETIC PERSON who loves to be around children:
◉ Do you find yourself energetic and cheerful when you are around kids?
◉ Do you have great patience when dealing with kids?
- Interested in assisting in DEVELOPING YOUNG MINDS:
◉ Are you curious about children’s academic development in their early years?
- A CREATIVE MIND in DESIGNING LESSON for kids:
◉ Do you have what it takes to develop and design a learning module for kids?
◉ Do you have great organisational skills as a preschool educator?
- PASSIONATE about TEACHING and LEARNING, especially for the young learners:
◉ Are you passionate about educating kids in a classroom environment?
◉ Are you curious on the latest teaching methods and strategies in the early childhood education?
If you do have one of the above qualities, we have great news for you! You are what we’re looking for! Here in GIC, we offer a programme that aims to provide professional development opportunities for our future preschool educators through a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (DECE).
This programme equips our students with relevant knowledge, skills, and competencies to work in pre-school educational institutions such as preschools, child care and development centres, as well as children’s enrichment centres and children’s play centres.
At GIC, our future early childhood educators will experience both physical and online learning methods, exposing them to various opportunities to engage with numerous activities in the simulation room, which provide a real experience of early childhood education.
Aside from classes, students will be assessed based on their projects throughout the study period of three years, which also includes fieldwork, both individual and group assignments, and final examinations.
- PASS SPM or its equivalent, with at least THREE (3) credits in any subjects; OR
- PASS STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject; OR
- PASS STAM with a minimum Grade Maqbul; OR
- PASS SKM Level 3 in ‘Pengasuhan Awal Kanak-kanak/Prasekolah / Early Childcare for Children/Pre-School’ subject to Senate approval and MUST attend bridging courses; OR
- PASS Certificate in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent; OR
- PASS BTEC Level 3 and PASS SPM or its equivalent, with at least ONE (1) credit in any subjects; OR
- Any recognized Certificate or its equivalent.; OR
- Entry requirements for admission into the Diploma’s program (Level 5, MQF) through APEL as approved by the Ministry of Education (MOHE). Applicants must be/have:
- A Malaysian citizen; and
- The candidate should be more than 20 years of age in the year of application
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; and
- PASS the APEL Assessment
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOME
The purpose of this programme is to prepare our graduates to understand and apply these matters:
- Principles and methods of teaching and learning for children;
- Learn the role of adults in creating a stimulating environment from birth to the age of preschool;
- Play classrooms with a safety protocol, including resources and teaching methods for children’s creativity development;
- Manage effective strategies involving the environment and adult-child interaction in a childcare setting;
- Get entrepreneurial requirements for laws and regulations, as well as marketing and finances, to effectively manage a business.