DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- An energetic person who loves to be around children?
- Do you love spending time with young children?
- Do you have great patience in dealing with young children?
- Interested in assisting in developing young minds?
- Are you curious about how children are formed academically in their early years?
- Are you creative in designing lessons for children?
- Do you have what it takes to develop lesson designs for energetic young children?
- Do you have great organisational skills as a preschool educator?
- Passionate about teaching and learning, especially for your children?
- Are you passionate about teaching young children in a classroom?
- Are you up-to-date on the latest teaching methods and strategies in early childhood education?
If you have the above qualities, that’s great news! You are what we’re looking for! Here in GIC, we provide a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (DECE) programme which aims to provide professional development opportunities for our future preschool educators. This programme equips our students with relevant knowledge, skills, and competencies for them to work in pre-school educational institutions such as preschools, child care and development centers, as well as children’s enrichment centres and children’s play centers.
At GIC, our future early childhood educators will experience both physical and online learning methods, exposing them to various opportunities to engage with numerous activities in the simulation room, which provide a real experience of early childhood education. Aside from classes, through this programme, students will be assessed based on their projects throughout the study period of three years, which also includes fieldwork, both individual and group assignments, and final examinations.
Programme Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM or its equivalent, with at least three (3) credits in any subjects; OR
- Pass STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject; OR
- Pass STAM with a minimum Grade Maqbul; OR
- Pass SKM Level 3 in ‘Pengasuhan Awal Kanak-kanak/Prasekolah / Early Childcare for Children/Pre-School’ subject to Senate approval and MUST attend bridging courses; OR
- Pass Certificate in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent; OR
- Pass BTEC Level 3 and pass SPM or its equivalent, with at least one (1) credit in any subjects; OR
- Any recognized Certificate or its equivalent.; OR
- Entry requirements for admission into the Diploma’s program (level 5, MQF) through APEL as approved by the Ministry of Education (MOHE). Applicants must be/have:
- A Malaysian citizen; and
- The candidate should be more than 20 years of age in the year of application
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; and
- Pass the APEL Assessment
Programme Learning Outcome
The Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO) of this programme are to prepare graduates who are able to understand and apply the
- Principles and methods of teaching and learning for children;
- Learn the role of adults in creating a stimulating environment from birth to the age of preschool;
- Play classrooms with a safety protocol, including resources and teaching methods for children’s creativity development;
- Manage effective strategies involving the environment and adult-child interaction in a childcare setting;
- Get entrepreneurial requirements for laws and regulations, as well as marketing and finances, to effectively manage a business.