DIPLOMA IN POLICING & CRIME INVESTIGATION (DPCI)
Why This Programme
The Diploma in Policing and Investigation focuses on aspects of constitutional law, policies and systems, and criminal prevention procedures. While existing legislation grows in line with time, the constitution remains a document and a guide to all other laws passed by Parliament.
The law or constitution cannot be separated from the historical, economic, sociological, and political context of a country. Apart from that, the programme also dives deeper into the process of law-making, the three levels of government, the relations between the state government and the federal government, and other important aspects of the constitution.
1. A pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with 3 credits in any subject; OR
2. A pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related field; OR
3. A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of grade C (GPA 2.00) in any subjects; OR
4. A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul (Pass); OR
5. Any qualification equivalent to certificate (Level 3, Malaysian Qualifications Framework).
Programme Learning Outcome
- To enable the students to gain knowledge and skills in key policing and investigation components.
- To equip the students with the relevant competencies to function in law enforcement and security-related industries.
- To expose students to the social, cultural, and political diversity that comes with managing a police department, a government or private sector organization, or a related industry in the context of the criminal justice system.
- To enable the students to Understand the need for individual, community, organizational and societal support, cooperation and commitments towards the preservation of peace and safety through effective policing and crime prevention.