DIPLOMA IN POLICING & CRIME INVESTIGATION
BRINGIN YOU A FRESH PERSPECTIVE ON POLICING AND CRIME INVESTIGATION
DIPLOMA IN POLICING AND CRIME INVESTIGATION
The Diploma in Policing and Investigation (DPCI) focuses on aspects of constitutional law, criminal prevention procedures, policies and systems. While existing legislation grows in line with time, the constitution remains a document and a guide to all other laws passed by Parliament. Owing to the fact that the law or constitution cannot be separated from the historical, economic, sociological and political context of a country, students will be exposed to a comprehensive concept of the process of law-making according to the contexts as the aforementioned, alongside a range of topics around policing and criminal investigation.
Students will have an insight into the criminal law, the Malaysian legal system, a range of investigation skills, criminalistics, contemporary policing issues, the three levels of government, the relations between the state government and the federal government and other important aspects of the constitution. On top of that, this programme unravels the basic issues of individuals, communities and countries as it relates to rights, obligations and justice to our students.
You MUST MEET the following requirements in order to be considered for an admission to the GIC Diploma Programme:
- Get AT LEAST a PASS in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with 3 credits in any subject;
- Get AT LEAST a PASS in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related field;
- Get AT LEAST a PASS in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of grade C (GPA 2.00) in any subjects;
- Get AT LEAST a PASS in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul (PASS);
- Any qualification equivalent to certificate (Level 3, Malaysian Qualifications Framework).
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOME
The objective of this programme is to prepare our graduates to understand and apply these matters:
- Skills in key policing and investigation components.
- Has relevant competencies to function in law enforcement and security-related industries.
- Understand the social, cultural, and political diversity that comes with managing a police department, a government or private sector organisation, or a related industry in the context of the criminal justice system.
- The need for individual, community, organisational and societal support, cooperation and commitments towards the preservation of peace and safety through effective policing and crime prevention.