Bachelor of MEDICINE (MBBS)
Be a Medical Officer or Medical Practitioner
Intake starts in 2024
Our Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme focuses on providing a comprehensive education in medical sciences and clinical skills, producing highly qualified medical professionals prepared for the evolving healthcare industry. The carefully designed curriculum ensures up-to-date knowledge and training. With a strong emphasis on clinical training in medicine and surgery, you'll gain practical experience and develop the skills required to excel in your future medical career. Additionally, we provide support for students preparing for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination), which is a requirement for all local and international students planning to work in the US.
Graduates will be well equipped to seek a future career as a:
- Medical Officer at Public Hospitals
- Private Medical Centre Physician
- Healthcare Administrator
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Research Scientist
The 5-year programme is divided into two phases namely the Basic Medical Sciences phase (Years 1-2) and Clinical Sciences phase (Year 3-5). The first two years, taught mainly at the Cyberjaya campus, serve as a foundation for basic medical knowledge and is organised in sequential courses/blocks with early clinical exposure. The programme also incorporates Disaster and Relief Medicine in the curriculum which helps to prepare future graduates to work in humanitarian and relief missions.
Students must successfully complete the Basic Medical Sciences phase prior to starting clinical clerkships. From the third year, theoretical training is extended with clinical practice, where students learn in the various hospitals and health centers affiliated with the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Defence. Successful graduates are granted a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree, fully recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council and other foreign Medical fraternities.
The MBBS Programme Educational Objectives
The MBBS programme aims to produce doctors who are:
- Knowledgeable, competent, and capable of solving health issue critically and scientifically.
- Proficient in the practical and clinical skills in line with the standard medical practice.
- Effective and responsible leaders, possesses good communication and social skills and able to collaborate with others.
- Able to demonstrate personal, entrepreneurial, digital, and numeracy skills to address the needs of the healthcare system.
- Able to demonstrate high standards of professionalism instilled with good moral and ethical values.
Are you ready to take the next step in your academic journey? Our programme offers an exciting opportunity for individuals passionate about the field of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme. To ensure a smooth admission process, please take note of our entry requirements listed below.